Download E-Books Text books and Audio Books
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Download Twenty-Five 5-Minute Power Scenes Novel

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin

Download Twenty-Five 5-Minute Power Scenes Novel Ads?a_t=b&n_id=ebook_b&h_id=28&rptam=14126

Download Book Title : Twenty-Five 5-Minute Power Scenes

(Format : pdf , Language : English)
"One of the requisites for an actor is to be able to take the words off the page and make them his own. Lena Harris makes that ever so easy." – ROBERT WAGNER
LENA HARRIS, award-winning actor and renowned acting coach, has written these twenty-five original scenes for two to four persons to both train developing actors and showcase, to best advantage, their talents. Unable to find scenes from existing plays that would best exercise the dramatic skills of her acting students, Harris decided to sit down and pen her own dramatic situations.These riveting scenes, both comedy and drama, take actors through a dramatic arc of action in just five minutes, drawing fully on both their dramatic and comedic skills and their ability to portray, succinctly and accurately, characters and situations. Characters and venues range from yuppie professionals in a Manhattan bar to small-town Texas lovers to a convict locked up in prison. These scenes help actors to build their acting "muscles" in the classroom and are also perfect audition material, showcasing their talent for agents, managers, and casting directors.
Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.
Introduction
As an acting teacher and coach, and in my work with the studios, I have found a desperate need for short, contemporary scenes that are universal and not limited by age or nationality—scenes that provide an extreme range of emotions, actions, and impediments and that give the actor a complete workout. I have spent endless hours reading plays and scripts, only to end up cutting and pasting the scenes together in an effort to provide the needed material. Ultimately, I found it to be more efficient and pragmatic to write the scenes myself. My scenes are used in a variety of ways. In my Audition Technique Workshop for example, the actors are given the same scene. They have an hour to memorize the scene and apply their tools and techniques; after which, I direct the scene and videotape the actors as though they were auditioning for a casting director. In the real world, actors typically receive their scripts a day before the audition. Consequently, this exercise is a "muscle-building" workout. The scenes may also be used as part of the actor’s reel. Additionally, actors use these scenes for showcasing and for auditioning for agents (and managers). The agents often request that actors prepare scenes in addition to monologues, the reason being that uninformed or overzealous actors sometimes direct their monologue performance to the agent, even though the agent is not a character within the monologue. Doing this immediately creates problems. The agent becomes uncomfortable because he or she has unwittingly been forced to become part of the monologue, and as such, the agent is unable to observe the actor’s performance. Notwithstanding the importance of a monologue, only the performance of a scene enables the agent to observe the connectedness between the actors, the specificity of their relationships, and the use of the behavior. Most agents request both a short comedy scene and a dramatic scene. Therefore I present a variety of each for this book, to best express each actor’s talent and uniqueness. Lena Harris Beverly Hills, California

Download Twenty-Five 5-Minute Power Scenes Novel 143499-200x200

Link to start the download Twenty-Five 5-Minute Power Scenes

Author(s) Book :Lena Harris
Publish Year :2005 Publisher : Smith & Kraus
You can check by ISBN10/ISBN13 : 1575254328/9781575254326
Download Twenty-Five 5-Minute Power Scenes Novel Download_now

All Book readable online or download on PDF and mor formats for PC PDA MAC IPAD Nook mobile and more devices. Here Best Online Internet Library
Here Best Online Internet Library. You can download e-Books online on English, ebooks on French, Books on German, Books on Italian, Books on Spanish, Books on Other Languages.
Keyword(s):
book online Twenty-Five 5-Minute Power Scenes downloaddownload Twenty-Five 5-Minute Power Scenes free ebookbuy ebook Twenty-Five 5-Minute Power Scenes onlineTwenty-Five 5-Minute Power Scenes ebook for nookadobe Twenty-Five 5-Minute Power Scenes bookstory downloadspages downloadbooks online for kidsPages : 114
Download EBook in Formats : djvu, pdf, doc, cfm
Download Audio EBook in Formats : mp3

Download Twenty-Five 5-Minute Power Scenes Novel Ads?a_t=b&n_id=ebook&h_id=28

. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
Other E-Book for Download :
Getting Started in Six Sigma Ebook For Free
Book Online Fundamentals of Semiconductor Lasers Download
Computational Biology: Issues and Applications in Oncology (Applied Bioinformatics and Biostatistics in Cancer Research) Book Download Online
Format Pdf The Laws of Software Process: A New Model for the Production and Management of Software Ebook
Book Online Deadeye Dick Download
Aftermath (Bantam Spectra Book) Ebook For Nook
Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment Download File
Download Qualitative Psychology: Introducing Radical Research Ebook
Free Dictionary of XML Technologies and the Semantic Web Book
Twelve Fair Kingdoms Ebook For Nook
Book Online Neolithic Scotland: Timber, Stone, Earth and Fire Download
Book Online Community Mental Health: Challeneges for the 21st Century Download
Free The Wonders of Magic Squares Book
Book Online Hannibal. Download
Free Promoting Positive Parenting: An Attachment-Based Intervention Book
Ebook Galois representations in arithmetic algebraic geometry